Production Technician/Equipment Operator
We are a rapidly growing organization in the dynamic and exciting 3D printing / additive manufacturing industry. We’re influencing change and challenging the ways in which companies manufacture products. Our CBAM cutting-edge technology is unique and focuses on producing high-performance composite parts at high speeds. Our technology is utilized in a wide variety of industries including automotive, aerospace, consumer electronics and more.
Because of our rapid growth, we are looking to expand our team. You will be joining a diverse group of individuals who have an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for challenging the status quo.
As the Production Technician, you will be operating a variety of production equipment utilized in the CBAM 3D printing process to produce parts. This includes CBAM printers and raw material preparation equipment as well as post processing equipment such as heated presses and sand blasters. You will become fully skilled in all aspects of 3D printed component fabrication, be able to collect and communicate relevant data, and provide first level feedback to address quality, throughput, and equipment issues to the respective technical teams and as well as be actively involved with issue resolution. In addition, you will be working collaboratively with various teams in building, testing, and operating new products as they are developed and released. This role adds significant value and contributions to the company’s long-term growth plans.
- Maintain a current and comprehensive understanding of all production processes and methods for 3D printed component fabrication including post processing stations to achieve good quality parts per standard.
- Run 3D printed build jobs from start to end; inclusive of material preparation, printing, pressing and post processing requirements.
- Throughput to meet productivity and quality requirements.
- Build, test, and operate Impossible Objects’ 3D printers in accordance with documented manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Collect production and equipment data as defined.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production and equipment problems related to throughput and quality.
- Execute preventive maintenance and calibration requirements as needed, logs are maintained and up to date, and equipment is operating at optimal performance levels.
- Identify and review subsystem, component, and assembly issues with engineers. Implement required corrective actions per engineer’s direction.
- Support production and layout changes as defined.
- Assist in training production personnel on procedures and processes.
- Clearly and accurately communicate status of projects, problems, and issues— ensuring all assigned tasks are implemented and completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain general housekeeping in the factory.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by management.
- Hand tools and basic machine shop tools.
- High school diploma; 2 yr technical degree preferred.
- 2+ years relevant experience. Preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Capable of reading production drawings, specifications, and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English; both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capable of working in a flexible/collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated trouble shooting skills with an ability to resolve component and assembly issues.
- PC literate in standard Microsoft or Google software such as MSWord/Excel Google Docs/Sheets.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Trouble shooting electro-mechanical issues.
- Ability to use a mill, lathe, water cutter, and/or hand solder are a plus.