We are a rapidly growing organization in the dynamic and exciting 3D printing / additive manufacturing industry. We’re influencing change and challenging the ways in which companies manufacture products. Our CBAM cutting-edge technology is unique and focuses on producing high-performance composite parts at high speeds. Our technology is utilized in a wide variety of industries including automotive, aerospace, consumer electronics and more.
Because of our rapid growth, we are looking to expand our team. You will be joining a diverse group of individuals who have an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for challenging the status quo.
As the Production Lead, you will be overseeing all aspects of production to ensure timely completion of production orders. This is inclusive of raw material availability and processing, manufacturing, final part quality and relevant data collection requirements. This role also requires the ability to operate all production equipment utilized in the CBAM 3D printing process to produce parts in order provide adequate training and assess issues that arise as well as fill in production when needed. This includes CBAM printers and raw material preparation equipment as well as post processing equipment such as heated presses and sand blasters. You will become fully skilled in all aspects of 3D printed component fabrication, be able to collect and communicate relevant data, and summarize, report, and act on quality and production data. This role adds significant value and contributions to the company’s long-term growth plans.
- Provide leadership for the production team in executing all aspects of component fabrication through IO’s CBAM processes.
- Key contributor to project and production meetings in planning short term and long term manufacturing plans.
- Ensure work orders are completed on time.
- Ensure work meets quality standards and labor standards.
- Collect and analyze production, quality, and equipment data as defined.
- Provide necessary production and quality reports with recommended corrective action plans.
- Maintain a current and comprehensive understanding of all production processes and methods for 3D printed component fabrication including post processing stations to achieve good quality parts per standard.
- Be able to run 3D printed build jobs from start to end; inclusive of material preparation, printing, pressing and post processing requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production and equipment problems related to throughput and quality.
- Execute preventive maintenance and calibration requirements as needed, logs are maintained and up to date, and equipment is operating at optimal performance levels.
- Recommend and implement production and layout changes as defined.
- Train production personnel on procedures and processes.
- Clearly and accurately communicate status of projects, problems, and issues— ensuring all assigned tasks are implemented and completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain general housekeeping in the factory.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by management.
- 2 yr technical degree required; BS/BA degree preferred
- 5+ years relevant leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capable of working in a flexible/collaborative environment.
- Capable of analyzing production and quality data for issues and trends and define appropriate corrective actions.
- Flexible and adaptable to a growing and evolving business and associated requirements.
- Experienced in LEAN
- Capable of reading production drawings, specifications, and procedures.
- Demonstrated trouble shooting skills with an ability to resolve component and assembly issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English; both written and verbal.
- Ability to use hand tools and basic machine shop tools.
- PC literate in standard Microsoft or Google software such as MSWord/Excel Google Docs/Sheets.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Trouble shooting electro-mechanical issues.
- Ability to use a mill, lathe, water cutter, and/or hand solder are a plus.
- LEAN/6-sigma Green belt or higher certification.
- Structured leadership training and development.
- Experience with 3D printing and post processing requirements.