Process Development Technician
About Impossible Objects
We are a high-tech startup creating the future of the 3D printing of advanced composite materials. Our technology has been proven to print very strong composite materials at speeds 5-10x faster than existing technologies. This breakthrough enables 3D printing to break into mainstream manufacturing. Join our team - a diverse group of individuals who have an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for challenging the status quo - and help to create the future of the 3D printing of composites.
When you join Impossible Objects you will work closely with our Materials development team on projects to improve our existing material sets, create entirely new composite material sets and improving and refining our printing process to be compatible with those materials. After learning our CBAM printing process you will both design and execute 3D printing runs to support the introduction of new materials and new processing methods. The person in this role would be an active participant in carrying out tests, improving test methods and interpreting and analyzing test results.
- Preparing and managing materials for use in CBAM machines
- Running our CBAM 3D printer and printing components
- Post-processing 3D printed parts in our ovens, presses for thermal processing of parts and sandblasting equipment
- Assessing part quality (strength, geometry, and surface finish) using various tensile testing, microscopic and geometric measurement systems
- Producing reports on experimental outcomes, process improvements and part characteristics
- Consistent with your skills and interest, collaborating in test plan development and improvement as well as test analysis and technical strategies
Preferred candidates will likely have demonstrated experience/education in at least one of the following or similar experience/education:
- Technician supporting new materials or materials development and optimization
- Technician supporting mechanically oriented scientific or engineering experimentation
- Field technician or operator of 3D printers or digital publishing systems
- Field technician or operator of machining, polymer processing, composite manufacturing or other advanced manufacturing technologies
- Experience with mechanical, material or product testing (application of ASTM and other standards, and development of test methods) such as tensile testing and metrology such as coordinate measurement systems and optical microscopy
- Experience with thermal and thermomechanical test methods associated with polymers and composites (DSC, DMTA, Rheometry etc)
Impossible Objects embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.