Impossible Objects is a rapidly growing organization in the dynamic and exciting 3D printing / additive manufacturing industry. We’re influencing change and challenging the ways in which companies manufacture products. Our award winning CBAM technology is cutting-edge, unique and focuses on producing high-performance composite parts at high speeds. Our technology is utilized in a wide variety of industries including automotive, aerospace, medical products, consumer electronics and more.
Because of our rapid growth, we are looking to expand our team with a mechanical engineering position. You will be joining a diverse group of individuals who have an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for challenging the status quo.
As a Mechanical Engineer your primary responsibility is to create hardware solutions for Impossible Objects’ products and internal systems. You will be responsible for working with the engineering team to design, develop and test new designs.
Technical prowess, teamwork and strong communications are key components for long-term growth and success. This is a position has a significant effect on the product direction of the company and the additive manufacturing industry!
Essential Job Functions
- Design and build complex mechatronic equipment.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team.
- Design, testing and documentation of products.
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years related experience in development, design, and production of industrial equipment, machine tools, medical devices, or similar.
- Proficient in CAD/CAM/CAE packages such as Onshape, Solidworks, or similar.
- Proficient in Windows-based office applications including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prototype and test designs.
- Ability to focus on detail while prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to apply an analytic, data driven approach to engineering work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possesses dependability, integrity and the ability to work independently or on a multidisciplinary team.
- 2+ years industrial 3D printing or traditional offset printing industry experience.
- Experience with modern composites manufacturing techniques such as AFP/ATP, RTM, etc.
- Experience with modern polymer processing techniques such as injection molding, compression molding, extrusion, etc.
- Programming skills in C and Python.