We are a rapidly growing organization in the dynamic and exciting 3D printing / additive manufacturing industry. We’re influencing change and challenging the ways in which companies manufacture products. Our CBAM technology is cutting-edge and unique and focuses on producing high-performance composite parts at high speeds. Our technology is utilized in a wide variety of industries including automotive, aerospace, consumer electronics and more.
Because of our rapid growth, we are looking to expand our team. You will be joining a diverse group of individuals who have an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for challenging the status quo.
As the Engineering/Manufacturing Technician, you will provide electro-mechanical technical support to both the manufacturing and engineering teams—adding significant value and contributing to the company’s long-term growth. Working collaboratively with engineering teams, you will be responsible for producing, testing, and operating new products as they are developed and released. In addition, you will become fully skilled in all aspects of 3D printed component fabrication and provide first line of contact to the manufacturing team to address quality, throughput, and equipment issues and provide improvement to existing processes and methods. Additional responsibilities include maintaining production equipment at optimal performance levels, running engineering experiments on new designs and processes, and collecting and summarizing data as needed.
- Build, test, and operate Impossible Objects’ 3D printers in accordance with documented manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Set up and conduct engineering experiments on new designs as required. Collect and summarize relevant data.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of all production processes and methods for 3D printed component fabrication including post processing stations to achieve good quality parts per standard.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production and equipment problems related to throughput and quality.
- Ensure preventive maintenance and calibration requirements are up to date and equipment is operating at optimal performance levels.
- Construct new and improved existing production fixtures under general engineering supervision.
- Identify and review subsystem, component, and assembly issues with engineers. Implement required corrective actions per engineer’s direction.
- Summarize production data in report format. Provide general statistics and indicate failure mode and trends.
- Ensure all record keeping requirements and engineering documentation are current and up to date.
- Change production layouts and station setups per engineering direction.
- Monitor procedures and Bills of Material for accuracy and clarity—making necessary recommendations to engineering staff.
- Assist in training production personnel on procedures and processes.
- Clearly and accurately communicate status of projects, problems, and issues— ensuring all assigned tasks are implemented and completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain general housekeeping in the factory.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by management.
- Associates Degree in a technical field.
- 5+ years relevant experience. Preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Capable of reading engineering drawings, specifications, and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English; both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capable of working in a flexible/collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated trouble shooting skills with an ability to resolve component and electro-mechanical system level issues.
- Capable of using general model shop equipment and hand tools with an ability to fabricate assembly fixtures.
- PC literate in standard Microsoft or Google software such as MSWord/Excel Google Docs/Sheets.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to use CAD programs and 3D modeling software a plus.
- Ability to use a mill, lathe, water cutter, and/or hand solder are a plus.